Argumentative Essay Options
For our final essay, we will be arguing for positive change.
A. Arguing a Solution to a Problem
- Position. Take a clear position on an arguable topic.
- Reasons. Develop main reasons, keeping audience in mind.
- Evidence. Support all reasons with strong research.
- Opposition. Acknowledge the opposing argument and take it out.
B. Agree or Disagree with a Reading from our Textbook
- Summarize the article and argument.
- Agree or Disagree but add something.
- Incorporate research to argue your position.
- Five Sources (Two+ scholarly)
- MLA citations and Works Cited
- 1,000+ Words
- Clear Purpose and Thesis
- Use research as evidence