Cultural Conflict Essay
- Two scholarly sources apart from our text
- MLA Citations and Works Cited
- 1,000+ Words
- Clear purpose and thesis
- Analyses of one text and the Cultural Conflict
- Integrate scholarly research as support to your analysis
- Effective detail analysis supporting your claims
- At least one image
This paper is an opportunity to extend the analytical skills you are developing in the reading journals to a longer, more detailed and rigorous argument. In this essay, you will perform a close reading of a text (any reading from Unit 1). Focus on the conflict or cultural conflict as you see it.
You can focus on one or all the criteria below.
- Nature of the Conflict
- Groups and the Conflict
- Causes of the Conflict
- Consequences of the Conflict
- Resolutions to the Conflict
Whatever text you choose to analyze, make sure to use the Five Moves of Analysis to help you with the close reading.