Which Monster theories apply to your monster?
Purpose of Evaluations
Let’s look at an example evaluation for a movie.
Lisa Schwarzbaum is reviewing “The Hunger Games” movie.
- Does she acknowledge what her mission is and who her audience is?
- What criteria does she establish for it to succeed?
- Does she anticipate her audience’s questions and reactions?
- Does she address any differences between the book and movie?
- What is her grade or judgment of the movie?
Dracula Untold 2014 Roger Ebert Review
In small groups, answer these questions.
- How does he introduce us to the topic?
- What is the purpose of each paragraph?
- How does he evaluate the movie?
- What is the final verdict?
- Critical Thinking
- Clarity of Thought
- Analysis and Thesis
- Images and Title
- MLA and Works Cited