Class is Cancelled, Campus is closed.
The campus has cancelled classes Tuesday and Wednesday due to the El Dorado fire near campus. We will not be meeting on Canvas. Essay rough drafts are still due. Submit the assignment and review this lesson for peer review info.
Once you submit your assignment, Canvas will automatically assign you two people to peer review. See video below for help with that.
How to Peer Review in Canvas Video
- Click on the assignment that requires peer review, Essay 3 Rough Draft that you submit.
- On the right hand side of the submission box, you will see an assigned peer review link.
- Click link.
After you peer review, I want you to take a look at your own draft and add these four points.
- Add dialogue, find a spot to add in some dialogue.
- Add details of a character or an artifact in your narrative. What can you describe or add details too? Are you giving enough context so the reader follows along?
- Add an image to help tell the story. What image would help the reader? What image is related to your literacy?
- Effective Title. What should you title your essay? What would be a good title that makes your reader want to read the essay and prepares them for it.Fall Semester Examples
These are the five criteria I will be using to evaluate your narrative.
Narrative Peer Review
This is the first of many peer reviews. Keep these things in mind.
- Peer edit the same way you revise your own work.
- Be specific in identifying problems or opportunities.
- Offer suggestions for improvement.
- Praise what is genuinely good in the paper.
After you submit your essay you will be assigned two students to peer review. The peer review assignments are automatic and may take a couple of hours to be assigned. Check back later for the peer reviews. I will check later in the evening to assign those that have not been assigned yet.
You have till Saturday to do the peer review. Read and comment on another students work. You have to do at least one for the peer review points. Follow the guidelines above.
Stay safe everyone.