Rough Draft of the Solution Argument Essay
How Twitter is Reshaping the Future of Storytelling
You should be quoting, citing, paraphrasing, and summarizing from the novel. Most of your evidence should come from the novel.
Either introduce the quote or reference in the sentence or cite after in the parenthetical citation.
You will be citing from the book in your essay. It is important that we learn how to do it correctly.
After Quisqueya tells the Riveras about Mayor and Maribel, she says, “I’m Sorry” (Henriquez 202).
Citing a source with one, two, or three or more authors.
- (Henriquez 202)
- (Best and Marcus 9)
- (Franck et al. 327)
Pick either the introduction or the conclusion to revise. Work on adding vibrant language to the paragraph. Experiment with rhetorical devices like:
- Parallelism – refers to using elements in sentences that are grammatically similar or identical in structure, sound, meaning, or meter. This technique adds symmetry, effectiveness and balance to the written piece. Read more at yourdictionary.com
- Repetition – is when words or phrases are repeated. Used to create rhythm and bring attention to an idea. Examples
- Rhetorical Questions – a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer. Read more
- Analogy – a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
- Metaphor – is a figure of speech which makes an implicit, implied or hidden comparison between two things that are unrelated but share some common characteristics.
Annoying as nails on a chalkboard.
There are plenty of fish in the sea.
Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s day?
The beautiful sunset.
The sun doesn’t actually set, we rotate away from it on our globe and it only appears that way.
After you have revised your own intro or conclusion get together with a partner or two. You will read your paragraph to them. This helps with speaking in vibrant sentences.
If you do not have any rhetorical devices or are having trouble, read the paragraph to your partners and they can help you with suggestions.
Think of different ways to deliver this paragraph to your audience. What would make it more effective? What will make them agree with you? What will get their attention?
Don’t be boring! Get creative and be considerate of others. Take turns reading out loud and help each other by sharing ideas.
What changes are you making to your essay? What are you doing to make it more vibrant?
- Revise your paper and publish it on the class blog by class time on Monday.