What is a Literary Analysis?
The Art of Quoting
According to the book, what is the purpose of a citation?
When is the use of a citation appropriate?
Why do these need support? Where can you find it?
- Introduce the quotation p. 46
- Quote, relevant
- Explain Quotation p. 47
Start with what interests you, to develop a point of analysis. You can choose a character, theme, issue, context, patterns, metaphors, authors style or language, etc. What is standing out to you and then you can develop that into a thesis.
You will be arguing that your analysis of the work is valid.
- Why are citations important?
- How did you find support for the claims?
- Is it wrong to not cite sources? Why or Why not?
- How would you feel if your ideas or work were used without giving you credit?