Our mission for today is to understand what is an evaluation.
Evaluation: Monster Prompt
An evaluation is simply a review. We review lots of things regularly, movies, books, restaurants, and even professors.
Activity: Still-Life Writing
- List as many concrete details as you can see.
- List as many unique observations as you can.
- Write as descriptively as possible about the text.
- Descriptive language – appeals to the reader’s five senses: taste, touch, sight, smell, and hearing.
Use this strategy for your primary sources. Build on your concrete observation and evoke the image for your reader.
Dracula is the most famous vampire in literature and film.
Finally, the last image to analyze.
- Journal 9
- Read Frankenstein Selection