Why are citations important?
How would you feel if your ideas or work were used without giving you credit?
Mary Maxfield, Food as Thought
How does Maxfield begin her article?
We are going to learn to post on the class blog.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Click on My Sites in the top left
- Go to Posts
- Click Add New
- Give your posts a title
- Write in your text or copy paste your essay from Word
- Preview your draft
- Click Publish
How to structure your essay. Here are some tips to help you structure your essay.
- The Web, topic in the middle, supporting details coming off the side.
- Make an outline
- Write notes to help structure the summary
- Be concise
- Free write to get ideas down, take out ones not necessary
- Pick out a view, identify your point of view. Read to get more point of views.
- Not everything is two sided
- Bullet points, write down the main facts, later look into it
- Credit to sources you use.
- Add transition sentences later
- Find studies or research to help develop ideas
Why use images?
- Google Images
- Use Keywords
- Use quotes for keywords
- Advanced Search
- Subject, topic, for keywords in google
- I Like Memes
Bring a rough draft by Wednesday for Peer Review.